Recipe by: Adam Droski
Yield= 6 servings (8oz)
- 1 oz. olive oil
- ½# carrots, peeled & diced
- ½# celery, diced
- ½# yellow onion, diced
- 1 Tbl. garlic, minced
- 16 oz. garbanzo beans, canned
- 16 oz. black-eyed peas
- 14 oz. diced tomato, canned
- 3 oz. tomato paste
- 32 oz. vegetable stock
- 5 oz. Dashelito’s Transcontinental Sauce
- 2 Tbl. chili powder
- 1 Tbl. smoked paprika
- 1 Tbl. salt
- 2 tsp. black pepper, ground
- Optional: 4oz chicken breast, cooked & shredded
Dashelito's Transcontinental Thai Chili Sauce
- In 4 qt dutch oven or stock pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add carrots, celery and onions and cook until vegetables are tender.
- Add garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook for 30-35 additional minutes; until soup is thickened.
- Garnish with sour cream, parmesan cheese and crispy wontons.